External Communications Intern (Social Media)
Date Posted: March 15th 2016
Application Deadline: April 7th 2016
Start Date: April 15th 2016
Term: 12 Months, PT/Casual
Spoke N’ Heard is a collective of artists, entrepreneurs and social innovators, united by our passion for social change and community empowerment, with a focus on the holistic progression of humanity through the arts. This organization was started out of a desire to provide youth/young adults with a safe space where they can share their stories and experiences. Through our events, programs and campaigns we aim to spread awareness regarding mental health stigmatization and address issues of equity facing individuals from marginalized and racialized communities.
Role Description and Responsibilities
- Create and manage visual and written content on various social media platforms; such as
Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and LinkedIn.
- Create a social strategy for brand development, syncing all media outlets with style and deliverance on a consistent basis.
- Increase followership network on all media platforms.
- Respond appropriately and positively to feedback via tweets, comments and discussions that take place on any of the media platforms.
- Promote upcoming events/projects and build audience anticipation towards upcoming events.
- Build a deep understanding of our growing diverse audience and cater to its social needs.
- Monitor and adapt to changes in social media trends with tools, applications, design, strategy & content.
- Strong and effective communication abilities
- Excellent written and verbal command of English.
- Advanced technical knowledge of social media platforms; for example paid advertisement.
- Strong creative writing skills, utilizes digital storytelling and can display personality through writing.
- Socially active individuals with a strong personal network and interpersonal relationship skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate about using social media to build meaningful connections
- Willingness and ability to create blogs and social media posts daily
- Energetic and can innovative fresh ideas to grow brand presence
- Ability to identify and engage a target market through social media
- Technical knowledge of design software, such as Photoshop, is preferred.
- Technical knowledge of WordPress is an asset
- Able to work independently from home when necessary
- An individual who embodies our mission and values
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please forward your cover letter and resume, before April 7th, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Spoke N’ Heard sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Name: Jordon Veira