Date Posted: March 15th 2016
Application Deadline: April 7th 2016
Start Date: April 15th 2016
Term: Part-time 15-20 hrs/week
Spoke N’ Heard is a collective of artists, entrepreneurs and social innovators, united by our passion for social change and community empowerment, with a focus on the holistic progression of humanity through the arts. This organization was started out of a desire to provide youth/young adults with a safe space where they can share their stories and experiences. Through our events, programs and campaigns we aim to spread awareness regarding mental health stigmatization and address issues of equity facing individuals from marginalized and racialized communities.
Spoke N’ Heard’s Bookings Coordinator, reporting directly to the Executive Director, is the team lead on bookings for the assemblies, conferences, local tours, concerts and workshops that our organization offers. Liaising directly with school administrators, conference/event organizers, and artists, the Bookings Coordinator needs to be highly detail oriented, organized, able to manage multiple relationships, while creating a win-win situation for all stakeholders. The selected individual will provide the organization’s programming and administrative leadership with strategic advice in key aspects of bookings, data mining, sales, and scheduling. The main responsibility of this role is to ensure the organization’s booking process is maintained and successfully implemented on a consistent basis.
The Bookings Coordinator is responsible for:
- Arranging speaking engagements, performances and workshops for schools (secondary and post-secondary), conferences and community events.
- Run administrative functions related to assigned bookings, including: invoicing, creating contracts, ordering artist payments, project management, and liaising with schools and clients.
- Building strong working relationships with external parties.
The successful candidate will engage with schools, teachers/professors, principals, conference organizers, community organizations, and other key contacts, as well as attend networking opportunities to stay abreast of bookings best practices
First and foremost, the successful candidate will have an innovative, entrepreneurial spirit and passion for the Spoke N’ Heard’s mission. This person will likely have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English or a related field, however post-secondary education is not required.
The chosen individual will be able to demonstrate, through citing specific accomplishments, the following attributes:
- Excellent communication skills. The Bookings Coordinator will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience. They will also have strong written communication skills that include success prospecting, strong email communication, and tele-sales. In addition to giving examples of their exceptional verbal communication skills, the successful candidate will be able to showcase strong research, data mining, organization, analytic skills, and the ability to manage multiple competing deadlines through past experiences.
- Results-driven and task oriented. Our bookings coordinator must keep the values of Spoke N’ Heard at the forefront of their mind at all times. This means holding themselves accountable to meet deadlines, face and overcome new challenges, and manage complex working relationships.
- Strong ability to influence others. The successful candidate will be able to point to a track record of success in influencing through relationships rather than through hierarchical authority
This is a part-time, commission-based position for a 12 month term, with potential for extension.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please forward your cover letter and resume, along with 2 references and a writing sample (preferably involving prospecting sales and potential clients), before April 7th, 2016, to email@example.com. Spoke N’ Heard sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Name: Jordon Veira